Effective as of: February 1st, 2023
1. About this Policy
It applies to your use of:
- all Twist Tales streaming services as a user. For example this includes:
- your use of Twist Tales on any device
- the personalization of your user experience. Watch our personalization explainer video to learn more about this
- the infrastructure required to provide our services
- connection of your Twist Tales account with another application
- both our free or paid streaming options (each a ‘Service Option‘)
- other Twist Tales services which include a link to this Policy. These include Twist Tales websites, Customer Service and the Community Site
From now on, we’ll collectively call these the ‘Twist Tales Service‘.
From time to time, we may develop new or offer additional services. They’ll also be subject to this Policy, unless stated otherwise when we introduce them.
This Policy is not…
Other resources and settings
Key information about your personal data is right here in this Policy. However, you might want to take a look at our other privacy resources and controls:
- Privacy Center: A user-friendly hub with summaries of key topics and helpful videos. It includes the ‘Your Privacy Controls’ video which shows you how to exercise your user rights and make choices about the way we process your data. See Section 2 ‘Your personal data rights and controls’ for more on user rights.
- Privacy Settings: Control the processing of certain personal data, including tailored advertising.
- Notification Settings Set which marketing communications you get from Twist Tales.
- Settings (found in the Desktop and Mobile versions of Twist Tales): Control certain aspects of the Twist Tales Service such as ‘Social’ or ‘Explicit Content’. On the ‘Social’ setting, you can:
- start a Private session
- choose whether to share what you listen to on Twist Tales with your followers
- choose whether to show your recently played artists on your public profile
On the ‘Explicit Content’ setting you can control whether explicit-rated content can be played on your Twist Tales account.
2. Your personal data rights and controls
Privacy laws give certain rights to individuals over their personal data.
Some rights only apply when Twist Tales uses a certain ‘legal basis’ to process your data. We explain each legal basis, and when Twist Tales uses each one, in Section 4 ‘Our purpose for using your personal data’.
The table below explains:
- your rights
- circumstances when they apply (such as the legal basis required)
- how to use them
You can also watch our video about Your Privacy Controls.
To request a copy of your personal data from Twist Tales, either:
- use the “Download your data” tool in your account Privacy Settings, or
- contact us
When you download your data you will receive the information about your data that Twist Tales has to provide under applicable laws. If you would like more information about how we process your personal data, you can contact us.
Twist Tales, or our service providers acting on our behalf, uses the types of cookies identified in Section 1 above in the following ways:
Purpose Cookie Type
These cookies let us operate the Twist Tales Service according to your preferences. For example, when you continue to use or come back to the Twist Tales Service, we can provide you with our services based on information you provide to us, such as remembering your username, how you have customised our services, and reminding you of content you have enjoyed or listened to on the service previously.v
Twist Tales Ads
We work with website publishers, application developers, advertising networks, and service providers to deliver advertisements and other content promoting Twist Tales on other web sites and services. Cookies and other similar technologies may be used to serve you with advertisements that may be relevant to you and your interests on other websites, applications, and devices, and to regulate the advertisements you receive and measure their effectiveness.
3. Personal data we collect about you
These tables set out the categories of personal data we collect from you. You can also watch our video about Personal Data at Twist Tales.Twist Tales
On your mobile device, your operating system may provide you with additional options to opt out of interest based advertising or to otherwise reset your mobile identifiers. For example, you may use the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting (on iOS devices) or a setting to “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” (on Android) which allows you to limit the use of information about your use of apps for purposes of serving ads targeted to your interests.
Cookies on the Twist Tales Desktop Application
Please note that if you set the Twist Tales desktop application to block cookies, then your Twist Tales experience may be affected.
Certain targeted advertisements that we (or a service provider acting on our behalf) display to you based on information about your online activities across websites and other interactive properties operated by third parties may include the “Ad Choices” icon or another mechanism to opt out of receiving interest-based advertisements. You may click on the AdChoices icon or visit www.aboutads.info to receive more information about the collection and use of information about your online activities for interest based advertising or to learn how to opt out of having your data used for interest based advertising by Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) participating companies.
- Canadian users can also visit www.youradchoices.ca.
- European users can also visit www.youronlinechoices.com to learn how to opt out of having their data used for interest-based advertising by European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA) member companies.
- The Network Advertising Initiative’s (NAI) Opt-Out Tool at www.networkadvertising.org/choices allows you to opt out from the use of information about your online activities for interest based advertising by NAI member companies.
Please note that even if you opt out using the mechanisms above, you may still receive advertisements when using the Twist Tales Service.